Hi all, I came across this amazing post on the web and thought of sharing it with you all. Check out these 10 amazing DIY beauty hacks! We spend hundreds & thousands of dirhams at beauty salons in our quest to look perfect and flawless. We cannot do it ourselves because we do not possess the knowledge that beauticians and makeup experts do. The good news is that now you can, read on to know how you can look absolutely gorgeous in the comfort of your own home.
1. There are so many great ways to use Vaseline in your beauty rituals. For thicker, darker, longer looking eyelashes just apply some Vaseline to your mascara brush everyday and then use your mascara regularly. You’ll see noticeable results!
2. In the UAE, we are exposed to heat and then air conditioning throughout the day, which can make the skin dry and flaky. For a smooth application of foundation it’s important to get rid of that dead skin sitting on the top layer of your face before you apply foundation. Mix a bit of brown sugar with honey and gently scrub your face and lips (use a toothbrush for the lips). It’s an easy and cost effective method to exfoliate the skin but works!
3. Makeup looks more complete when colors are coordinated. Color coordinate your lips with your cheeks to create a uniform look that brings your makeup together and looks natural. I love using any lipstick or colored lip balm and then applying some to the back of my hand. From there I use my middle finger to apply the color to the apples of my cheeks by blending upwards and outwards. Looks natural yet together, and it’s so easy to do!
4. It can be tricky to wear red or deep colored lipsticks. As you’re applying lip liner smile a little so the lips get tight and it’s easier to apply. Fill in the entire lip with the lip liner and then with the help of a good lip brush apply the lipstick starting at the center of the lip and blending it outwards. Using a lip brush takes more time to apply but gives you precision.
5. Everyone loves a nice contour. Fake those killer cheekbones by making a fish face to find the natural cheekbone contours of your face. Then use a large fan brush to sweep on a contour powder or matte bronzer. The fan brush blends as it applies.
6. When you make a mistake while applying lipstick don’t wipe it away. Wiping smears the color further and creates a messy look around the lips. Instead, use a bit of concealer on a pointed concealer brush to erase it. I love to use the #195 from MAC. It’s the perfect brush!
7. We all have days when we breakout with pimples. To make them less obvious, stick with matte textures. Anything shiny or shimmery on top of a pimple reflects light making it look more obvious.
8. To create a ‘glow from within look to your skin’ apply your illumizier before you apply foundation. By doing so, the skin absorbs the illuminizer and then blends into the foundation for a more natural glow. I like using Pond’s Gold Radiance Day Cream because it’s a cream but has a gold shine to it.
9. When you’ve applied too much foundation and don’t know what to do, instead of wiping it off which will irritate the skin; spray on MAC Fix + and then take a tissue and lightly pat it on your face. Your makeup will instantly look more natural.
10. We’ve all heard that using a white pencil in the water line can make the eyes appear bigger. For Arab and Asian skin try using a nude pencil instead. White can be too harsh for our skin tones, nude looks a lot more natural and makes the eyes look bigger!
Hope this helps, comment below to us know what worked fr you!
Until next time then xoxo….